‘Jay Jay’ Okocha challenges Alex Iwobi



‘Jay Jay’ Okocha challenges Alex Iwobi

‘Jay Jay’ Okocha challenges Alex Iwobi
Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha
Ex-International Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha has challenged his nephew Alex Iwobi to surpass his achievements with the senior national team.
Iwobi revealed that he received the challenge from his uncle following his national team debut against DR Congo.
The Arsenal youngster also reveal that Okocha has been a major influence in making him the player that he is today while also stating that it was a tough decision to dump England for Nigeria.
“I remember one time he was playing for Bolton and I was lucky enough to go and watch with my dad,” Iwobi recalls.
“Then we were just having a kick around and he came over, showed me something and then I’d be like, ‘How on earth did he do that?’! Then I would go away and spend the next few days trying to learn it.”
“Playing for England was a good experience but Nigeria gave me a great opportunity to go and play for my home country, and also follow in the footsteps of my uncle, so I think that is going to be the pathway for me.
“He (Jay Jay) told me that if I played for Nigeria, I could become even better than him. To hear that was massive because he was a great player. He’s given me a challenge and I might have to accept it.”
Iwobi also added that he has his feet firmly on the ground and is focused on continuing to develop with Arsenal Under-21s after signing a contract extension with the Gunners.


 

Filled Under:

0 comments:

Post a Comment